Protect the Adirondacks!, Inc (PROTECT) is a grassroots, membership organization dedicated to the protection, stewardship and sustainability of the natural environment and human communities of the Adirondack Park and the New York State Forest Preserve for current and future generations.
- That Adirondack and Forest Preserve lands, waters, and wildlife are preserved and protected
- That Adirondack and Catskill lands are permanently protected from activities that compromise their ecological integrity and wild character
- That growth in the Adirondack Park is planned and sustainable
- That private forest and farm lands in the Adirondacks are sustainably managed
- That Adirondack communities enable healthy and diverse human activities and economic opportunities
- That the “Forever Wild” clause, Article 14, section 1, of the Constitution of the State of New York shall guide Forest Preserve management
- That the natural processes in the Park are restored and protected
- That the quality and variety of compatible, low impact, recreational opportunities for residents and visitors is enhanced
- That the Adirondack Park remains connected to other wild areas
Protect the Adirondacks implements our mission through grassroots organizing, advocacy, education, research, water quality monitoring, investigative, philanthropic and charitable activities, independent public oversight to protect the natural resources and rural communities of the Adirondack Park.